- 16 ounce bag of frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 3 slices of crisp bacon cut up
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded (I use more)
- cherry tomatoes
- sunflower seeds
Microwave the frozen peas (covered) with 1 tablespoon of water for about 4 minutes or until slightly cooked, but not soft. Drain and cool. Mix all ingredients together except the cherry tomatoes. Gently fold in the dressing.
Pea Salad Dressing
- 3 heaping tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk the ingredients together and fold into salad.
Add cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of cheese to the top of the salad for decoration. Cover and chill. Enjoy!