1 cup water
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup walnuts
3 egg whites
1/2 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
oil for frying
1. In a small saucepan, boil water and sugar together.
2. Add walnuts and continue boiling for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place walnuts on parchment paper and set aside.
3. Whip together egg whites and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil until 350-degrees.
5. Dip shrimp into the batter and fry in the oil until golden brown, about a couple minutes each side.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
7. In a mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, honey, lemon, and sweetened condensed milk.
8. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce.
9. Add candied walnuts together with the shrimp and serve.
Original recipe from-http://thefoodaddicts.com/honey-walnut-shrimp/