- 1 medium size Chicken or 3 large chicken breasts (remove all of the skin and fat)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp *
For the Marinade:
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Chili paste 1 tsp.
- Soya sauce 2 tbsp
- Cornflour 2 tbsp
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
For the Sauce:
- Spicy chili oil or ordinary oil 2 tbsp*
- Finely chopped ginger 1 tsp.
- Finely chopped garlic 1 tbsp.
- Dry red chilies cut into 4 pieces each 2 nos.
- Sesame seeds(optional) 1/2 tsp.
- Slanting pieces of spring onion 1/4 cup.
- Chicken stock 1/2 cup
- Tomato sauce 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp.
- Chili sauce 1 tsp.
- Vinegar 1 tbsp.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp.
- Ajinomoto A pinch
- Salt to taste
- cornflour mixed with water 3/4 tbsp. & 1/4 cup
For the Garnish
- Spring onions 4 long thin pieces
- Spring onion tops 4 long thin pieces
- Cut the chicken into small serving sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under ‘For the Marinade’
and rub on the chicken pieces and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil and quick fry on high until golden brown and cooked.
- Place cooked chicken on a paper towel and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of spicy chili oil or ordinary
oil in a pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic, red chilies, sesame seeds and spring onion and stir fry on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients mentioned under sauce except the
cornflour, bring to a boil and add the chicken.
- Cook covered on a low flame for about 4 minutes and then add the
cornflour mixed with water and stir continuously, so that the sauce.
- Garnish with the spring onion and spring onion tops.
- Chicken is ready to serve. Enjoy!