1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1jar (16 oz) thick 'n chunky salsa
1jar (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can (2.8 oz) french fried onions
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded taco-flavored cheese blend (8 oz)
1 small tomato, seeded, diced
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan or 10-inch deep-dish pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and half of the french fried onions. Spoon mixture into baked shell.
3. In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the taco-flavored cheese blend and the eggs. Spoon over beef mixture. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until slightly puffed and set in center.
4. Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over filling; sprinkle remaining french fried onions in center of filling.
5. Return to oven; bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle tomato around edge and in center of filling. Let pie stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe shared from: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cheese-topped-taco-pie/76d3ab97-e6fb-44db-ab2f-bdf4bd91772d/