- 1cup chopped onions (2 medium)
- 1medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 3tablespoons cornmeal
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 3teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1jar (16 oz) medium picante sauce
- 1can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, undrained
- 1can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Sliced green onion, if desired
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onions, bell pepper and garlic.
In large bowl, mix cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Add chicken; toss to coat. Add chicken and any remaining seasoning mixture to vegetables in slow cooker. Gently stir in picante sauce, beans and tomatoes.
Cover; cook on Low setting 6 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Recipe shared from: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-southwestern-chicken-chili/a635d4a3-6989-4987-be3a-b259600d3bc7?sc=Chicken%20Chili%20Recipes&term=Chicken-Chili-Ideas&itemId=e1649514-de73-4cb1-821b-6034974c379d