Sassy Water from A Sweet Simple Life


Feeling sassy? I am.
I found this brilliant, brilliant idea on Sitno Seckanovia via my favorite website ever.... drumroll please... Pinterest! How did I ever survive without it? A place to ooooh and awww over hundreds of mind-boggling ideas... A place to bookmark and easily organize anything I stumble across online...  AHHHHHHH!!!
Let's just say I spend way too much time on there. 
Anyways... sassy water. (Don't you love the name?) Rumored to help you maintain a flat belly, lemon and water fuse overnight to create a natural detox, helping to flush impurities out of your system. The cucumber lends a cool, refreshing flavor while the mint gives it a bit of a snap.  The original recipe had fresh ginger, but I didn't have any and I still really liked the result.  
I like to make a batch and divide it among a few ball jars so I can take it to work or with me on errands.  Go ahead! Make it! Embrace your inner sassiness. 
Sassy Water 
Adapted from Sitno Seckanovia
Ingredients:
2 lemons
1/2 cucumber
10-12 mint leaves
3 quarts water
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: Overnight or 8 hours
Yields: 10-12 glasses
Method:
1. Slice cucumber and lemons.  Place in the bottom of the pitcher.   Toss in mint leaves. Add water
2. Chill overnight or for at least 8 hours.  
Note: Please consult a doctor before replacing meals with this drink.  I drink this in addition to maintaining a high protein, low carb, fruit/veggie heavy diet and regular exercise routine.  The lemon and water are a natural detox and they help you stay hydrated, but I've never used this to replace entire meals. :)
Recipe shared from: www.asweetsimplelife.com