Mini Apple Pies from Barefoot Kitchen Witch


IMG_9995_1 

Speaking of apples... We had two bags from apple picking day, plus a half a bag of apples I'd bought the week before and still hadn't finished up.  So something had to be done because the fruit flies (already populating our house because of enticing aromas of sourdough starter and ripening tomatoes) were just waiting for the apples to bruise.
I kept intending to make a pie, but the days filled up and I kept putting it off.  And then Alex was invited to sleep over his friend Jack's house (Alex's first sleepover - he's been looking forward to this since the summer when the subject first came up) and we were all invited to dinner as well.  I asked if I could bring something and was asked to bring dessert.  Aha.  Time to make pie.
To read more and view this recipe click on link: www.barefootkitchenwitch.com