What an delicious macaroni salad....the colors are amazing! I love all the different textures and flavors combines together. Definitely a great addition to any chicken dish and as a side dish for a potluck or family get together!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- white sugar to taste (1/3 – 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together macaroni, onion, celery, eggs, red pepper, carrot and relish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and celery seed. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
To read more and view this delicious recipe from Old Time Cooking Recipes click on link: www.free-old-time-cooking-recipes.com