Breakfast Reuben Sandwiches with Pumpernickel English Muffins from Country Cleaver


Into the toaster oven went a couple of muffins, and into the frying pan went pastrami, sauerkraut, and naturally – a fried egg or two.
After standing in the salad dressing aisle at my local grocery for 13 minutes like a rambling idiot and unable to hone the I Dream of Jeannie blink of Russian dressing into my possession – it became imperative to source my own. A little mayo, a little ketchup, and a little horseradish did the trick. Mix and slather it on dripping sexily over the goods and prepare to ravage the beast. Or sammich as it were.
Ben devoured two in the time it took me to finish mine (which means it was record time, because I am a fast eater) – and thus the rut was broken. These english muffins are REALLY easy, just a little time consuming when you’re waiting on doughs to be proofed. But they can’t be beat when toasted and buttered. Well worth the labor involved – I promise you.
And these Reubens. The eyes rolling into the back of Ben’s skull was a sure sign of approval.
To read more and view this amazing recipe from Country Cleaver click on link: www.countrycleaver.com