Crispy Coconut Shrimp from Blog Chef


Coconut shrimp has been on my must try list for awhile now. I had wanted to make it for along time but I couldn’t find Panko breadcrumbs anywhere! I live in a pretty small area and certain items can be extremely hard to find. I checked the local grocery stores and even the Asian sections at others, eventually I just ended up ordering them off the internet. I must say – it was well worth the wait. 

The shrimp turned out delicious with great coconut flavor. The shrimp in this recipe are butter flied so this may take a little time; it might be a good idea to get an extra hand if necessary. The shrimp are then rolled in flour, dipping in a batter and rolled in a breadcrumb/flaked coconut mixture. The dipping sauce, which is basically a mixture of crush pineapple, pina colada drink mix, and sour cream has outstanding flavor. As you can probably tell this recipe does take a little time but its well worth it. Enjoy.

To read more and view this recipe from Blog Chef.net click on link: www.blogchef.net