Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits from Food People Want


I first experienced these biscuits on a visit home for dinner with my parents.  My mom had just come across the recipe in a New York Times article about buttermilk and thought they might make a good addition to the dinner she was preparing.  I’m sure whatever she made that night was delicious, but all I can really remember from that meal were the biscuits.
I’d never seen or tasted homemade biscuits like this before.  Not dry, uniformly textured and crumbly like your standard baking soda biscuit, these buttermilk beauties were large, tender and extremely flaky.  Served warm out of the oven with a quick brushing of melted butter and you have, what is in my opinion, the perfect biscuit. To read more and view this delicious recipe visit Food People Wantby clicking on link: www.foodpeoplewant.com