Sugar Doughnut Pops from The Little Teochew


I knew I'd never be able to replicate Zurin's beautiful ring doughnuts, so why even try? OK, I lied. I tried and they were the sorriest looking doughnuts ever. That was when I had to think of Plan B. Fast. When I saw the packet of lollipop sticks lying on my kitchen table, I immediately knew what to do. Make Doughnut Pops! Those lolly sticks were leftover from my failed Cake Pops project (yeah, the ones made famous by Bakerella). I was supposed to have made them for my daughter's birthday but the trial run ended up so tragic I had to turn to frosted cupcakes instead. Ah well ...

Anyhow, Doughnut Pops are nothing new. In fact, they are very much like the doughnut balls we - children of the 70s - grew up eating. Four balls skewered on a satay stick and generously coated in sugar. Bliss. To read more and view this delicious recipe from The Little Teochew click on link: www.thelittleteochew.com