Portobello Pesto Pizza from Brown Eyed Baker


This pizza is one of my latest projects in recreation. (You might remember previous projects: Fig and Almond CheesecakeCosi Signature Salad, and White Sicilian Pizza.) Here in Pittsburgh there is an establishment called Church Brew Works. In the Lawrenceville neighborhood of the city, St. John the Baptist Church was built in 1902 and thrived until a diocesan reorganization closed the parish for good in the early 1990′s. The building sat dormant until it was renovated and converted into a brewery and restaurant, which is a very popular destination in the city. I’ve eaten there twice in the last few months and both times ordered their portobello pesto pizza, which I totally fell in love with at first bite. I knew immediately I wanted to make a version at home, and dare I say, I think mine might take the cake!

To read more and view this delicious recipe from Brown Eyed Baker click on link: www.browneyedbaker.com