Slow Cooker Black Bean, Corn and Spinach Enchiladas with Homemade Sauce from Sweet Happy Life


These enchiladas are filled with black beans, corn, spinach and cheese. I use frozen spinach and corn because in the time in takes for them to heat up in the microwave I can lightly fry the corn tortillas and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain. (Frying helps the tortillas hold their shape when they are rolled.) Once the veggies are done I mix the rest of the filling in a large bowl, ladle half of my enchilada sauce in the slow cooker, then start assembling the enchiladas. By pressing each enchilada snuggly against the one before it I can fit 10 enchiladas across the bottom and two on each side. But if you have a smaller slow cooker there is no reason you can’t make two layers of enchiladas, one on top of the other

To read more from Sweet Happy Life click on link: www.sweethappylife.com