Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread


I am a pumpkin fanatic and so I will use any excuse to incorporate pumpkin into one of my baking recipes. Recently I stopped by my local Starbuck's to pick up a passion iced tea and spied some delicious looking pumpkin bread.  Being one to never say no to anything pumpkin I purchased a piece to go with my tea.  Needless to say, it was moist and delicious! After savoring my delicious piece of bread I decided that I would try to replicate it at home except that I wanted to change it up a bit, so I added peanut butter.  Am I ever glad I did!

Bread:

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-15-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Cream Cheese Frosting:

Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping:

walnuts pieces

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt in a bowl.

Whisk peanut butter, oil, eggs, sugar in a bowl.

Mix pumpkin puree with wet ingredients.

Combine dry ingredients with wet being careful not to over mix.

Pour batter in 9 x 5 inch loaf pan .

Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.

To make the frosting, beat softened cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract.

Once the bread has cooled, spread frosting and sprinkle with walnuts.

Recipe shared from: www.obsessedwithbaking.blogspot.com